Hair color has now become a trend with the current generation of both boys and girls. Although it may sound interesting at first but let me tell you, you need to be careful about it. The thing is that it requires a lot of care and patience to make it look exactly what you want it to be.
So, to help you out with this, we have compiled a complete guide before and after you get hair colored:
- Book a consultation with your colorist before, as to decide what kind of a hair color you want, whether or not, you and the colorist are at the same page et al. This will ensure that you decide on the look, color, and technique that suits you the best.
- Apply hair mask a day before, which would hydrate your hair and scalp. Leave it for a little bit longer than the time mentioned on the pack for greater nourishment.
- If you are getting it done for the first time, try to go for semi-permanent gloss or subtle highlights to enhance the natural color and look of your hair.
- After you have got your hair colored, change your shampoo and conditioner to retain the color as some tend to wash off the color. There are numerous color-protecting shampoos and conditioners available in the market. They are specially meant for color-treated hair.
- Protection from the sun is must, as sunlight tends to make your hair color look even more fade, much before it will fade naturally. Protect your hair with hat, scarves and wrap around your colored hair.
- You’ll also need to protect your hair from ocean or pool water by soaking in regular tap water before jumping into. Salt water will dry out your hair, and chlorine or excessive salts can wreak havoc on the color. But, if you get your hair wet before going inside, then any holes in the cuticles will be filled in, keeping salt and chlorine or excessive salts at bay(i.e. soaking into your hair).
These are some of the crucial things to keep in mind before and after getting hair colored. Don’t forget to go through this guide.
Be First to Comment